Classic glam is an elegant interplay of the under and overstated incorporating chic neutrals, gorgeous metallic and luscious fabrics. Integrating glam decor into your home is about showcasing a distinct sense of self – allowing you to infuse your own personal style. Here are a few ideas for inspiration in your own modern glam decor home design:
- Furniture with sculptural lines.
- A color palette that includes white, gray, cream, black and jewel tones. Include sparkling gem tones, pearlescent finishes, and crystal accents.
- Light-catching materials such as metallic, mirrors, crystal and lacquer.
- Geometric patterns like damask, scales and quatrefoil.
- Dramatic lighting with crystal-adorned chandeliers and table lamps.
- Mirrored accent furniture.
- Lucite and lacquer also make an appearance on coffee tables and small decor pieces for their reflective, sleek surfaces.
- Traces of Old Hollywood and Art Deco are woven throughout today’s classic glam style.
- Touchable fabrics such as velvet, faux fur and sheepskin bring texture. Fur immediately evokes a sense of luxury. Incorporate it at home with a faux sheepskin throw blanket, a Mongolian fur ottoman, or a flokati rug.
- Embellished furniture, shimmering accents & bold color combinations.
- Each room should have at least one statement-making piece.
- Oversized Art Deco-inspired sunburst mirror.
- For a regal look, base your color scheme around jewel tones. Mix shades of sapphire and turquoise, or pair rich ruby with glimmering gold for a gem of a palette.
- Include details like tufting, nailheads, and piping.
- Set a chic scene with furniture that features exaggerated proportions or elaborate forms, like arched headboards, high-backed dining chairs, tuxedo sofas, or Demilune chests.
- Fashion-forward wall art.
- Dress your walls with fashion-inspired prints featuring iconic design houses, or maps of stylish cities like Paris, London, or New York to add panache.
- Whether you choose real blossoms or faux bouquets, flowers are an essential part of glamorous decor. Opt for lush varieties like garden roses, peonies, and hydrangeas.
The key to creating a modern glam home is combining luxury metallic tones and glittered embellishments in a clean and minimalistic way. You can keep the space looking chic and polished by incorporating mostly neutrals like chrome and white. For an extra sprinkling of glamour, add a tufted chaise lounge in icy ivory or pale gold or silver. Glam is all about infusing your own personality into your home and showcasing a distinct sense of self.
Furniture with sculptural lines, upholstery, metal and detailing provide a good foundation. The color palette is generally white, gray, cream, black with jewel tones. Incorporate light-catching materials, such as metallic, mirrors, crystal and lacquer. Neutrals are the base of glam, but strategically placed shimmering objects provide sleekness. Be sure to mix and match mirrored or metallic elements with neutrals to create a balanced look.
Add shimmering shades of pink for instant glam
You can easily add a modern glam flair to your home by adding acrylic furniture. This visual lightness of acrylic furniture helps interiors to appear airier than they are, which works great in small spaces. These barely-there designs are extraordinary, seeming to almost float in a room and reduces visual clutter.
Glam decor and lighting: This season’s must-have piece is an attention-grabbing chandelier. Reigning supreme, are chandeliers with gold or brass metallic accents. Designers say the lighting is the jewelry of the home – and a statement chandelier can instantly add glamour to a space.
Murano glass is having a major renaissance. Whether it’s concentric shaped, or tiered, with cascading petals, Murano glass is delicate yet modern and adds instant shine. Use one as a sophisticated finishing touch for a master bedroom or as a way to bring a bit of femininity to a room with sleek, contemporary lines.
Written by the Editor & Interior Designer for Buyer Select: Tracy Svendsen
Shop by your design style: Bohemian, Coastal, Farmhouse, French Country, Modern Rustic, Scandinavian, Tonal Chic or Urban Earthy