Find girls bedding from all the top brands. We hope you look upon Buyer Select as a design resource as well as a source of high-quality contemporary girls bedding. We make it our business to search out the best of the best to make little girl dreams a reality! Browse the collection below, or shop by theme: bohemian, butterfly-garden, cowgirl, fairy & ballerina bedding or woodland. Directly below the image gallery is an informative article with inspirational tips on how to design a girl’s room.
How to Design a Girl’s Room
The first step is to decide if you will be incorporating a theme
There are plenty of princess styles available in girls bedding: Ruffles and lace, pretty and pastel, soft and floral. But, even little girls have other interests — and many would be just as happy climbing trees, playing active sports, or doodling with pattern and color combinations. A sweet grade-schooler may morph into a teenager with bohemian or modern sophisticate preferences. It’s important to purchase bedding that will appeal to their own sense style and grab their attention.
With edgy patterns, contemporary prints and zingy color combinations, there are so many girls bedding options available now from the world’s most “with it” designers that are sure to meet your needs and go easy on your budget as well. While it may be tempting to jump into the realm of fairy tale decorating, many designers will advise going easy on the themes. Indeed, in planning for the changing preferences of your young ingénue, give a nod to the stages she will no doubt pass through. While this may be the case, there is also something to be said about creating a room that a young girl will not only find inspiring but will have that magical element as well.
If you have a young traditionalist, go ahead and decorate her room in country chic, complete with gingham, eyelet and misty floral prints or in a ballerina or butterfly theme. Today, it’s easy to replace a bed skirt, pillow shams or bed toppers. The magic is often in the mix and you can “order in” a graphic print duvet cover, mixing it with floral prints or subdued solids. Although it’s not always necessarily true, little girls tend to be easier in the “wear and tear” department than young boys.
Modern-day fabrics are often more durable, with stain and wrinkle resistant properties to preserve the freshness and prolong “lifespan.” Go ahead and choose lace, velvet, satin or tufted and embellished styles for your girl’s room.Most decorating “rules” have gone the way of Victorian etiquette; they simply do not pertain to modern life. So, if your little girl loves hot pink girls bedding and zebra prints, acknowledge her good taste and browse our online gallery to see just what’s available.
If you decide on a kid’s theme room design, choose the best theme suitable for your little one
Here are a few of the more popular themes today:
Cowgirl Bedroom: Before beginning a girls horse bedding – cowgirl theme bedroom, it is a good idea to choose the bedding prior to the color of paint and accessories that will be included. There are many horse and pony quilts, comforters and bedding sets available, in a wide variety of patterns. Most horse bedding for little girls is in soft muted colors, such as pale pink, lavenders, yellow, or meadow green. These colors work well in creating a pony pasture room. Another option is to purchase a solid comforter or quilt set and add giant western pillows with sheets and shams in cowgirl prints. Girls horse bedding is also available in earth tones, such as shades of brown and beige to darker rustic and rich tones which are perfect for a southwestern feel. Indigo blue or bright red can provide a bold look, and brings in a real cowgirl feel as they are both colors of standard bandanas. Blue tones provide a denim look. You simply need to figure out the approach you would like to take and build from there. [read more]
Bohemian Bedroom: Create a kids bohemian bedroom for your little one. Boho style is eclectic and can be dreamy and romantic, vintage rock and roll and southwestern all at once. We hope you enjoy browsing through our curated selection of bohemian bedding and room decor. [read more]
Butterfly Garden Bedroom: Before beginning to create a butterfly theme bedroom, it is a good idea to choose the butterfly bedding prior to the color of paint and accessories that will be incorporated. There are many butterfly bedding quilts, comforters and bedding sets available, in a wide variety of patterns. Most butterfly bedding has soft pastel colors, such as pale pink, yellow, purple or meadow green. These colors work well in creating a soft dreamy feel. Another option is to purchase a solid comforter or quilt set and add giant butterfly pillows, sheets and shams in butterfly print. There is also butterfly bedding available in brighter red, orange and yellow. [read more]
Fairly Ballerina Bedroom: If your little girl is a ballerina at heart, then help her bring the hobby home with ballet room decor. Dress up any space with tutu or slipper accents; she’ll agree that there can never be too many. Shop these plié-inspired picks now to get the look. Shop dance and ballet-themed art, bedding and decor to create a magical girls ballet themed bedroom. [read more]
Woodland Bedrooms: If your child is growing up with an inherent love for the outdoors, a kids woodland bedroom theme is the perfect way to show off his personality inside. Find everything for little girls and boys, to help coordinate everything from outdoor bedding to wall décor, room colors and more. [read more]
Must-Haves for the Boudoir
Chances are your girl’s bedroom will serve not only as a place to sleep but at various times as a playroom, library, dance studio, homework center, gathering spot, snack bar, hang out and escape pod.The more you can accommodate all those activities, the more successful your décor scheme will be. Although you really need only sheet sets, pillowcases and warm blankets or quilts, remember that sleep needs compose only a minimum requirement. Add the extra pillows (the more the better), fluffy throws, extra quilts and puffy duvets that can serve for sleepovers and late night studying as well.
Choose the girls bedding to determine the palette
Your girls bedding choices, of course, depend at least in part on the size and style of your girl’s bed. If your daughter shares a room with a sibling, or if you have a second bed for guests, there is no requirement that they are “dressed” as twins. With two girls, the choice of a coverlet or a diverse array of pillow shams and accents can emphasize each one’s personality. As long as there is an element that ties it all together, it will work.
I hope you have found these tips helpful. Have fun creating your girls bedroom!
Featured Girls Bedding:
1. Emily & Merritt Scallop Ruffle Quilt & Stripe Duvet Cover: This latest collection of girls bedding was designed by Emily Current & Meritt Elliot, who are best friends, celebrity stylists and the designers behind this fresh and unique bedding collection. This duo blends soft color palettes with vintage inspiration and a modern twist that provide a classic and rebellious aesthetic that provides playful details. This cozy quilt combines chic texture with relaxed chambray for a versatile look. The girls bedding quilt pairs well with the stripe duvet cover and marigold rose sheets.
2. Emily & Meritt Lilac Embroidered Folk Bedding Heirloom-style embroidery and modern design combine on this pure cotton percale duvet cover. With double tassels on the four corners of this girls bedding, it's as playful as it is classic.
3. Lennon & Maisy Medallion Tapestry Girls Quilt Layer your bed in eclectic style with this highly detailed pure cotton girls bedding quilt in soothing blue hues. Singers, actresses, authors and above all, sisters, Lennon & Maisy collaborated to design a collection that celebrates creativity with eclectic, worldly patterns and vintage-inspired pieces.
4. Keira Paisley Quilt Bedding Give your child's sleep space a whimsical look with this pretty paisley design featuring a soft and soothing lavender color scheme. With unbeatable breathability, this bedding is crafted with a tightly woven weave and reverses to a dainty polka dot print.
5. Adrienne Embroidered Quilted Bedding Expertly stitched and quilted by hand, this soft bedding in an elegant print ensures a restful sleep. An ivory color palette with light golden accents easily compliments existing bedroom decor while adding chic style to their sleep space.
6. Clara Horse Printed Bedding Your little one will have the sweetest of dreams tucked into this hand-stitched quilted bedding. Made from 100% cotton percale, it has a soft and pretty finish while still being extremely breathable for your little one.
7. Nicki Quilted Bedding Give your child's sleep space an earthy look with a dose of luxe softness. They'll have the sweetest dreams tucked into this quilted bedding made of luster velvet and a breathable blend of cotton and rayon. Velvet appliques complete the set for an extra special touch and an added dose of style. Handcrafted and expertly stitched, this bedding is made to last.
8. Corduroy Cozy Plush Quilted Bedding Expertly made with your child's comfort and safety in mind, this plush corduroy bedding ensures a safe and restful night's sleep. It reverses to soft Sherpa to add an extra dose of softness to their sleep space.
9. Holiday Cat Flannel Duvet Embrace the season with this cozy flannel print that will add a hint of holiday cheer to your child's nighttime routine. This duvet is made from materials without chemicals and features interior corner ties and a hidden button to ensure that it stays in place all night long. Oeko-Tex certified this bedding is organic in both raw fiber and finished product, keeping their room free of synthetics and chemicals.
10. Junk Gypsy Velvet Bohemian Quilt Southwestern pattern meets plush velvet on this quilt, featuring a muted color palette so it's easy to mix and match with your favorite hues. It's hand-quilted and features long-wearing cotton percale on the reverse for a lasting layer of comfort and style. Designed exclusively for PBteen by sisters Amie and Jolie Sikes, it captures the duo’s rebellious spirit and unique design philosophy.
11. Emily & Meritt Harlequin Pintuck Quilt & Sham Woven of sateen for a subtle sheen on the top and with crisp cotton percale on the reverse, this so-soft quilt combines a favorite harlequin diamond pattern with plush pintucks for cozy style. Imagined exclusively for PBteen by celebrity stylists and fashion designers Emily Current and Meritt Elliott, it captures their classic and rebellious aesthetic.
12. Junk Gypsy Desert Sun Duvet Inspire your space with free-spirited, southwestern style – twice! – with this reversible duvet cover. This duvet cover is Oeko-Tex® certified so you can rest easy knowing your sleep space is free of synthetics and chemicals.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!
Girls Bedroom Ideas
How to design a girl's bedroom: Tips on how to decorate a the perfect bedroom for children, including how to incorporate a them, what bedding to choose, as well as how to choose the color palette.